Detroit Investment Fund
The Detroit Investment Fund (DIF) is a source of private sector financing designed to be a catalyst for investment in Detroit by financing qualified commercial projects and entities to stimulate economic development and job creation.
The DIF provides gap financing intended to leverage owner equity so that the transaction merits traditional bank/senior lender financing. Investments in strategic projects are considered when potential exists for a significant long-term, clear benefit to the economic development of Detroit that would likely not be completed without the DIF.
The City of Detroit
- Business Expansion
- Capital Improvements
- Purchase of Equipment
- Working Capital
- Purchase of Real Property
- Commercial Real Estate Development
- Strategic Investments that Create a Long-Term Benefit for the Community
Advantages Over Other Funding Sources
- Flexibility to tailor the structure of a financing package to meet customer needs
- Ability to leverage owner equity to merit traditional financing
- Access to senior level expertise in a variety of industries
General Loan Criteria
- Sponsors with a proven track record and personal investment in the project
- Clear exit strategy for the Fund with expected repayment within 5-7 years
- Significant economic impact in the City of Detroit
For more specific loan criteria, select from below.