Venture Development Organization (VDO)
Targeted programming to strengthen the region’s entrepreneurial community.
The VDO is a program of Invest Detroit Ventures. For additional details, visit the venture team's website at www.investdetroit.vc/venture-development.
The program is designed to build and promote scalable technology companies in Michigan by:
- Building partnerships among regional assets that support entrepreneurship,
- Connecting high growth companies with existing support programs and investment capital, and
- Promoting entrepreneurship throughout the region while being inclusive of opportunities for minorities and women.
The VDO complements the investment activities of Invest Detroit Ventures by focusing on capital syndication and referrals, talent initiatives, marketing and outreach, and helping to build long term resources that support high growth companies. Initiatives that have been launched under the VDO Program include the following:
- Entrepreneurs-in-Residence (EIRs) - EIRs are carefully chosen former CEOs and Founders who utilize their industry experience and network to further enhance the Detroit Innovate Fund’s reach and capabilities by assisting with deal sourcing, diligence, and formation management.
- Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competiton - Invest Detroit Foundation is the presenting partner for Michigan’s largest business plan competition, which provides nearly $1 Million in annual prizes to early stage ventures. More details are available at www.acceleratemichigan.org
- Hacker Fellows - Invest Detroit Foundation is the founding partner for this initiative, which infuses computer science graduates into Michigan startups for one-year fellowships. More details are available at www.hackerfellows.com
For more information on VDO initiatives or to explore collaboration opportunities, please contact: email@example.com