Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition Announces Semifinalists for 10th Anniversary of its Pitch Competition
Entrepreneurs Present Their Companies Live on November 13 at the State Savings Bank in Detroit
Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition, a program of Invest Detroit’s ID Ventures, today announced the semifinalists for its 10th annual pitch competition. Selected from nearly 300 registered companies, the 24 semifinalists demonstrated innovative ideas, strong customer traction and strategic business development plans to grow their business in Michigan. Semifinalists will have the opportunity to meet-on-one with investors to discuss their business proposals. Judges will then select six finalists to present live at a seated dinner to over 400 investors, entrepreneurs and community leaders on November 13 at the State Savings Bank in Detroit.
“The selected semifinalists showcase the momentum of Michigan’s entrepreneurial ecosystem over the past decade,” said Martin Dober, senior vice president and managing director of ID Ventures. “Each year, we see more incredible talent and companies that are transforming the way legacy industries operate. We are proud to support the development of these Michigan-based companies that will continue to drive our economy and shine a national spotlight on the innovation happening in the state.”
The pitch competition supports Michigan’s entrepreneurial ecosystem by offering entrepreneurs the opportunity to showcase their companies to investors while building connections with entrepreneurs, business acceleration resources and experts in their sector during carefully curated individual meetings. Since its launch in 2010, Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition semifinalists have created over 1,300 jobs and attracted more than $900 million in additional investment. Top awards include a grand prize of $350,000, second prize of $150,000 and third prize of $50,000.
In addition to ID Ventures, significant sponsors of the event include Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Foundation, Invest Michigan, Michigan Economic Development Corporation, William Davidson Foundation and Belle Michigan Impact Fund, among other corporate and startup leaders across Michigan.
2019 Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition Semifinalists
- 86 Repairs provides a subscription service for restaurant groups to manage the repair process.
- Alchemie combines beautiful, game-based digital learning tools with data analytics to increase student success in STEM.
- Bedestrian provides a driverless vehicle system for the next generation of robotic delivery inside and around hospital campuses.
- BrandXR allows anyone to create augmented reality applications with no development or engineering team required.
- Cask & Kettle provides convenient, brew-ready, all-natural spirits beverages that dispense through an existing single-serve hot beverage brewer.
- DeepHow bridges the skills gap in manufacturing through an artificial intelligence-powered, just-in-time learning platform based on smart how-to videos.
- Diet ID provides a digital toolkit that can assess diet and improve habits to reduce healthcare costs.
- EVOQ improves outcomes for patients by unleashing the full potential of cancer vaccines.
- Exponential ETFs provides fintech firms with unlimited options to build, run and optimize their exchange-traded fund offerings.
- Flash Steelworks provides a patented process for heat-treating steel that leads to mass reduction, performance improvement and cost savings.
- FreightRoll reduces wasteful paper-based processes in the transportation market through its paperless platform for trade documents.
- GridPane provides a self-managed WordPress hosting dashboard for developers to build, manage and maintain websites.
- HyVIDA Brands provides the world’s first hydrogen and magnesium infused sparkling water to deliver health benefits beyond hydration.
- LoanSense provides employers with a solution that reduces employees’ debt burden by contributing extra payments to their student loans when they stay longer at a company.
- PassiveBolt provides the first-ever turnkey smart lock mechatronic module and application that helps users manage access to their homes from anywhere around the globe.
- PAXAFE aggregates critical, real-time parcel data from the supply chain to enable insurers to offer data-driven shipping insurance.
- Pivot disrupts the plastics industry by providing safe and sustainable plastic alternatives made from natural fiber bamboo or rice hull fiber.
- Pocketnest provides a comprehensive, digital financial planning platform for Generation X and millennials.
- RIZZARR provides a curated content marketplace for brands to find, connect and collaborate with millennial content creators.
- S3D Precision Dispensing print heads enable the manufacturing of next-generation electronics from automotive smart surfaces to biomedical devices.
- SafeSense provides innovative sensor technology using flexible electronics for sports performance and medical diagnostics.
- SpinTech develops MRI software that reduces the time for brain imaging while providing enhanced detection of neurological biomarkers.
- The Patient Company allows for safe, efficient lateral patient transfer by one clinician with its Auto-Slider device.
- TheraB Medical provides the first completely portable and wearable swaddle treatment for infant jaundice that eliminates the separation between mother and baby.
Watch Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition Live
Tickets are now available and priced at $150 each. To purchase tickets, click here. Press interviews and photo opportunities are available.
For more information and to learn about sponsorship opportunities, please visit www.acceleratemichigan.org. Share the news by using the event hashtag #AccelerateMICH and follow @AccelerateMICH on Twitter and Facebook.
About Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition
Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition, a program of ID Ventures, is a competition that supports Michigan’s entrepreneurial ecosystem by offering entrepreneurs the opportunity to showcase their companies to investors while building connections with entrepreneurs, business acceleration resources, and experts in their sector during carefully curated individual meetings. For more information, visit www.acceleratemichigan.org.
About ID Ventures
ID Ventures, the venture team of Invest Detroit, supports promising Michigan-based high-tech startups through investment capital and programs that strengthen the startup ecosystem. As a collaborative investor and community partner, our approach is to provide inclusive access to resources for Michigan entrepreneurs with high-growth potential.
EntryPoint for Accelerate Michigan