Career Now Brands
The Hacker Fellows Program supports the career efforts of emerging tech talent by offering paid fellowships and internships with Michigan startups and providing salary support to participating companies. Each year the program accepts 15 fellows and 10 interns.
Hacker Fellows is a program managed by ID Ventures. Our goal is to support Michigan’s startup ecosystem, including the retention of top talent.
Career Now Brands
IC Data Communications
Lingco Language Labs
The primary goals of Hacker Fellows are
• Promote job creation within the tech community.
• Connecting Michigan startups and development talent.
• Boost Hacker Fellows compensation by ~$25,000 to help attract the top talent.
• Create a platform for mentoring, relationships and collaboration within the tech and investment community.
Monetary Benefits of Hacker Fellows are
• ~$15,000 granted directly to the startup/company to subsidize the Fellow’s salary.
• All expense paid software development and entrepreneurship bootcamp valued at $7,000 per fellow.
• Bootcamp living stipend of ~$1,100.
• $1,500 move-in bonus granted directly to the fellow.
• $5,000 in AWS credits valid for two years.
• Hacker Fellows is a program of Invest Detroit, driven by Invest Detroit Ventures which has a portfolio of 90+ companies and two tech-based investment funds.
“Hacker Fellows has built a fun and energetic community of developers who are there to support and help each other. I’m glad to know if I am stuck on any development I can message another fellow or intern to help.”
“Hacker Fellows helped me build confidence in my abilities and passions as a software developer, as well as gave me the tools and network to continue growing those skills.”
“Hacker Fellows really opened my eyes to the blossoming startup community in Detroit. It connected me to people inside the program and Michigan’s startup community.”
Join our newsletter list and learn more about our
current projects and efforts to support Detroit’s growth.
For information on how to support or fund our work,